This Mastodon fork is based on the glitch-soc Fork of Mastodon, with changes made to suit CatCatNya~.
The aforementioned instance is running the
I intend to contribute some useful differences back to glitch-soc and vanilla Mastodon.
To install, take a look at glitch-soc.github.io/docs/. The instructions and features are the same, except for the differences outlined below.
Contributing guidelines are available here.
Note: CatCatNya~ runs on the
That branch may, at times, be force-pushed to (mostly for undoing cherry-picking of vanilla commits when upstream adopts them).
I highly suggest only ever running the
main branch in production!
- Some files are adjusted specifically for the CatCatNya~ instance. Specifically, these:
You might want to revert these to the upstream files (or your own versions!) if you decide to use this fork for your own instance.
- The web frontend emoji picker is a blobcat instead of the joy emoji.
- The rate limits for authenticated users have been relaxed a bit.
- The API endpoint
/api/v1/custom_emojisis no longer affected by AUTHORIZED_FETCH, allowing anyone to copy custom emojis.
- Allow higher resolution images. (4096x4096 instead of the previous limit of 1920x1080)
- Allow posting polls with only one poll option (if
MIN_POLL_OPTIONSis set to 1 on your instance).
- Added oatstodon flavour (taken from types.pl fork, by @email@example.com)
- RSS feeds have titles again.
- Account RSS feeds show the CW (if applicable).
- Tag RSS feeds show the handle (username if local, username@domain if remote) and the CW (if applicable).
Previous differences now merged into glitch-soc
- Fixed incorrect upload size limit display when adding new a new custom emoji. (Pull request)
- Everything merged into vanilla Mastodon
Previous differences now merged into vanilla Mastodon
- The period of retention of IP addresses and sessions was made configurable. (Pull request)